Florals are having a moment right now. Everywhere you look, there are pretty petals adorned on dresses, skirts, and even shoes. But how can you wear florals and still look fashionable? Here are four tips to help you do just that:
- Choose a dark or muted floral print. This will give your outfit a more sophisticated edge.
- Choose a floral print that is appropriate for the season. For example, a pretty springtime print will look out of place in the middle of winter.
- Stick to one floral accessory. Whether it's a pair of statement earrings or a printed scarf, don't go overboard with florals. Less is definitely more in this case.
- Incorporate florals into your outfit in an unexpected way. For example, try wearing a floral headband or pair of socks with a otherwise neutral outfit.
- Consider the overall style of your outfit. If you're going for a more casual look, pair florals with denim or khaki. For a dressier outfit, try pairing florals with black or white.
- Pay attention to the scale of the print. A small print can be delicate and feminine, while a larger print can make a bold statement.
- If you're going to wear a floral dress or skirt, keep the rest of your outfit simple. Let the flowers be the star of the show by pairing them with solid-colored tops and accessories.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different prints and patterns. Florals look especially nice when paired with stripes or polka dots.
- Accessorize with florals to add a pop of color or pattern to your outfit. A floral scarf, brooch, or pair of earrings can really make a statement.
- Accessorize appropriately. Too many accessories can take away from the beauty of the florals. Stick to one or two simple pieces that compliment your outfit.
- Don't be afraid to experiment! Florals can be a fun and unexpected way to add interest to your outfit. Have fun mixing and matching different prints and patterns.
florals are a great way to add some Springtime cheer to your wardrobe but make sure you follow these tips to avoid looking like a walking Easter basket. With just a few simple adjustments, you can easily wear florals and look fashionable all season long! Have you tried any of these styling tricks? Let us know in the comments below.