We could all use a little more gratitude in our lives. A little appreciation goes a long way, but sometimes it's hard to remember to show it. Especially when we get busy and bogged down in the day-to-day grind. That's why I've compiled a list of easy ways to show gratitude every day. So even on your busiest days, you can take a moment to express your appreciation for the people and things in your life.
1. Say "please" and "thank you." It sounds so simple, but taking the time to say please and thank you shows that you're grateful for what others do for you.
Whether it's a colleague who covers for you when you're out sick or a friend who picks up your kids from school when you're running late, make sure to show your appreciation with a sincere thank you.
2. Send handwritten notes. In this day and age of digital communication, there's something special about receiving a handwritten note in the mail.
Whether it's a thank you card for a gift or just a note to let someone know you're thinking of them, taking the time to put pen to paper shows that you really care.
3. Give compliments freely. Compliments are like mini love bombs that make people feel good about themselves.
So spread the love by complimenting others often. Tell your boss she did a great job on that presentation or tell your best friend her new haircut looks amazing. A few kind words can go a long way in making someone's day—and it doesn't cost you a thing!
4. Volunteer your time. One of the best ways to show gratitude is to give back to your community by volunteering your time and talents.
There are countless organizations that would love your help, whether it's tutoring underprivileged kids or walking dogs at the local animal shelter. Giving back not only makes the world a better place, but it also feels pretty darn good too.
5. Give gifts—even small ones. Gifts don't have to be expensive or extravagant to show how much you care.
A small bouquet of flowers or box of chocolates can go a long way in showing appreciation. And if you're on a tight budget, homemade gifts are always appreciated (just ask my kids—they love getting macaroni necklaces from me!).
Showing gratitude doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming—sometimes the simplest gestures can have the biggest impact. So next time you're feeling overwhelmed or bogged down by everyday life, take a moment to express your appreciation for the people and things in your life with one of these easy ways to show gratitude every day. Happy Shopping!...XOXO 🍁🧡🍂
If you find our post Interesting, you can also share it using these handy Share buttons: