Summer lovin' - how to find the perfect casual dress.Ah, summertime. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the temperatures are finally starting to heat up. It's the perfect time of year to spend lazy days at the beach or park, weekends at barbecues or pool parties, and evenings out on date nights with that special someone. Of course, every occasion calls for a different type of outfit. So what do you wear when you want to look cute and feel comfortable without being too overdressed? A casual dress, of course!
There are so many different styles of casual dresses to choose from - halter tops, strapless sundresses, mini dresses, maxi dresses, Lilly Pulitzer printed shifts...the list goes on and on. And with so many options available, it can be tough to figure out which one is right for you. Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect casual dress for any summertime occasion:
- If you're going to be spending a lot of time outside in the sun, opt for a lightweight fabric like linen or cotton that will keep you cool and won't show sweat stains.
- If you want to show off your curves but don't want to deal with straps falling down or adjusting all day long, go for a wrap dress. Just be careful not to choose one that is too short - you don't want to end up showing more skin than you intended!
- For a classic summer look that will never go out of style, try a simple striped tee shirt dress. You can wear it on its own as a dress or pair it with shorts or jeans underneath for a more Modest look.
- Heading to a party or event where you'll be doing a lot of dancing? A flowy sundress is the way to go - just make sure there's enough room in the skirt so you can twirl around without feeling restricted.
- If you want something that's both comfortable and cute but still looks put together, try a romper or jumpsuit. Rompers come in all sorts of fabrics and styles (from denim overalls tosilky slip sets), so you're sure to find one that suits your taste. And since they're essentially just one piece, they're super easy to throw on and go - no need to worry about matching separates!
No matter what your summer plans entail, there's sure to be a casual dress out there that's perfect for the occasion. With so many different styles and fabrics available, it's easy to find one that suits your taste and your budget. So get out there and enjoy the sunshine in style!